Our studio room is open from July 2019. Here we will be offering a number of different workshops including furniture painting, chandelier pendant dressing, supervised painting sessions if you want to bring a piece to us and much more. To register your interest please join our mailing list or send us an email. We look forward to seeing you in the Agapanthus studio.
Furniture Painting Workshop.
Our workshops cover basic tips and advice on how to apply the paint and wax, achieving the best results. It is a hands-on class which allows you to get stuck into the use of different techniques to achieve the look of old painted furniture.
There is no need to have any prior furniture painting experience and you don’t have to be in any way artistic to get great results.
Why Chalk Paint?
– No need to prime, sand or prepare
– Extremely low VOCs
– You can use it on any surface indoors and out
– You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make it show the wood grain
– The colours mix wonderfully, you can lighten any colour to create different shades
– It’s flexible so you can be creative and change your mind
– It allows your walls to breathe so it’s perfect for cottage walls
– You can use it as an impasto (thickly)
– They’ve been making it since 1990 so it’s tried and tested
We stock a full range of Chalk Paint™ in both 1 litre pots (£20 each) and 120ml tester pots (£6 each). We also stock both clear and dark waxes (£10 each), 1 litre pots of lacquer (£25), a full range of paint and wax brushes and other accessories. We also stock wooden glass and ceramic cupboard knobs for the finishing touches.
What does the workshop include?
The workshop includes: 2 colour distressing, crackled paint effect, textured painting, use of clear, dark wax and coloured wax. The content may vary, if you are interested in a particular technique please state this on booking.
All materials will be provided on the day and there is no need to bring anything with you. We work on boards so you can take these home with you and apply your newly acquired skills to your furniture.
Freshly made coffee, pots of tea & cake provided.
Painting Workshop Dates.
- Sunday 26th January 10am-2pm
- Saturday 1st February 10am-2pm 1 place remaining
- Saturday 29th February 10am -2pm
- Mothers Day Workshop – Saturday 21st March 10am-2pm
- Saturday 25th April 10am-2pm
Limited places available. Vouchers also available
Painting workshop cost £65. Including refreshments.
10% Discount on the day across the shop.
Must have at least 2 people booked in order for the workshop to go ahead.
If you would like to attend a future workshop please contact me using our contact form.
Payment required in full at time of booking to secure your place.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make a booking or ask a question.